We can help you remain in the UK after Brexit

Do you want to remain in the UK following Brexit? Gowing Law can help you with the process.

Fantastic Success Rate

Get Started
Request a free callback

Apply here

Your name

Your email

Your phone

I’m an EU citizen, how can i remain in the UK after Brexit?

At Gowing Law our immigration solicitors have extensive experience in advising people, just like you.

Following the Brexit referendum and the decision to leave the EU, the EEA nationals living in the EU have been understandably concerned about their continued right to live and work in the UK.

Any EEA nationals resident that are residing in the UK are required to apply for a right to remain under the UK laws (EU Settlement Scheme) prior to the 31st December cut-off date.

Gowing Law are here to help you through the process to ensure it’s as smooth as possible.

Find out more about your UK Right to Remain options

Get Started

Do I need to apply?

You need to apply to remain in the UK if you’re from:

  • a country in the EU, European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
  • another country but you have a family member who is from the EU, EEA or Switzerland

The EEA includes EU countries and Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.

When should I apply?

At Gowing Law we advise that you should apply to stay in the UK as soon as possible.

Following the 31st December 2020 you may be required to prove your right to services such as the NHS or Employment, if you have your ‘pre-settled status’ or ‘settled status’ under the EU Settlement Scheme, you will be able to prove this.

Getting your ‘pre-settled status’ or ‘settled status’ will prove your right to:

  • stay in the UK for more than 3 months
  • work
  • study
  • use the NHS
  • claim the State Pension
  • rent a home

What does ‘pre-settled status’ or ‘settled status’ mean?

Pre-settled status applies to you if you have been in the UK for less than 5 years, but moved to the UK before 31 December 2020.

This will allow you can live and work in the UK for up to 5 years. Then, you should apply for settled status to stay for longer.

You can then apply for Settled status if:

  • have lived in the UK for 5 years in a row
  • prove that you lived in the UK for 6 months out of every 12 months during those 5 years

The 5 years can include time before you got pre-settled status.

Settled Status applies to you if you have lived in the UK for 5 years.

When you are granted settled status, you can:

  • live and work in the UK for as long as you like
  • live outside the UK for up to 5 years in a row without losing your status – 4 years if you’re Swiss
  • apply for British citizenship 12 months after you get settled status – or straight away if you’re married or in a civil partnership with a British citizen
  • bring your family to live in the UK

Why Choose Us?

No Obligation Advice

Talk with us about your visa and the likelihood of its success without any obligation today. Specialist staff are on hand to help you.

Proven Track Record

We have helped thousands of people just like you, receive their UK Work Visa.

Legal Specialists

Our dedicated team provide one to one help and support at every stage of the visa process.

Get Started

We're here for you

At Gowing Law we have a dedicated team of solicitors waiting to help you with your right to remain process.

Get Started
We're here to help!